The ideal size of a deck in New Zealand can vary depending on factors such as the available space, intended use, and personal preferences. However, here are some general considerations to help determine a good size for a deck in NZ:
- Functionality: Consider how you plan to use the deck. Will it be primarily for lounging, dining, hosting gatherings, or a combination of activities? Ensure that the deck size can accommodate the furniture, equipment, and activities you have in mind.
- Available Space: Assess the available space in your outdoor area. Consider the shape and dimensions of the area where you want to build the deck. Take into account any existing structures, trees, or landscaping elements that may affect the size and layout of the deck.
- Proportions: Aim for a deck size that maintains a good balance with the size of your house and the overall property. The deck should complement the architectural style and scale of your home without overwhelming the outdoor space.
- Traffic Flow: Ensure there is enough space on the deck for easy movement and circulation. Consider the number of people who may be using the deck simultaneously and allow for comfortable pathways and seating arrangements.
- Local Regulations: Check the Auckland Unitary Plan and local building regulations for any specific requirements or restrictions regarding deck size, setbacks, height limits, and other relevant factors.
Ultimately, the size of a good deck in NZ is subjective and depends on individual needs and preferences. It’s recommended to consult with a professional deck builder or designer who can assess your specific situation, provide expert advice, and help you determine the most suitable size for your deck. Feel free to get in touch with our expert deck builders at Quality Fencing Auckland.